One-to-one advanced track coaching is the best way to go quicker on track. So how about being coached round a racetrack, one-to-one, by a former WSB racer?
Dean Ellison has been on-track coaching since 1999, working with various organisations and schools to provide racers and enthusiasts alike with an enjoyable and educational experience on some of the greatest circuits in the UK and Europe.
Dean is still very much immersed in the race paddock and capable of running British Championship level pace when required, so his on track demonstrations in style and technique are right up to date. Working alongside No Limits, the biggest track day company around, offering hundreds of circuit options all over the UK and Europe.
“Most of my clients have either been fast group track riders, wanting to build up to their first race, or club racers wanting to progress as quickly as possible. However, one-on-one rider coaching will benefit anyone, from complete newbies through to track day junkies and racers.”
So, what’s involved in this sort of training?
- Initial bike checks – Log settings for reference later.
- On track position – Where to be and why.
- Rider position & Style – How your bodyweight can help.
- Braking and accelerating – Brake markers and throttle application.
- Instant playback – Front & rear mounted cameras to review.
- Spec sheets & track maps – Take home valuable info to use next time.
- Tailored to suit all levels – Sessions are quickly adapted if required.
“There isn’t a bolt-on goodie out there, that can make as much difference in lap times. One-on-one coaching will take chunks off a lap, not just from getting a tow and maybe edged out of your comfort zone, but by having access to real-time feedback, critique and advice that’s going to potentially prevent some easy to make mistakes. Faster and safer is the goal.”